Do you know any start-up charities in Canada doing amazing work to create positive change? Please let them know about the opportunity to work with us in 2020!
The Project Change Foundation is on the lookout for our 2020 recipient of support. Founded in 2015, the Foundation provides small grants and other support to new or emerging charities in Canada with a clear vision for improving their communities or the environment.
A Catalyst for Change
Each year, the Foundation awards investments of $2,000 and provides free advisory support to Canadian charities that are in the early stages of development. The Foundation supports organizations with big goals around connecting, engaging and inspiring people to make a difference in their communities or the environment. Our goal is to nurture financially sustainable, well-organized charities capable of standing the test of time.
Drawing on the expertise of our board and our network of talented volunteers, we assist our grant recipients with strategic tasks such as fundraising, governance, human resources, marketing, communications, etc. Here’s what our past recipients had to say about working with us:
- “Working with the Project Change Foundation was a fantastic experience. The diverse skill-set of their board gave us the ability to involve them in a variety of projects. With their help, we were able to improve our organizational capacity and implement new practices that ultimately made us more efficient.”
– Natasha Thom, Director of Operations, The Lipstick Project Foundation (2016 recipient)
- “Project Change Foundation truly walks the walk. Financial support is always appreciated for small charities like ours, but above and beyond this, the support we received from the board is what sets the foundation apart from other granting institutions. We are so grateful to have been a recipient.”
– Emily-anne King, Vice President, Community First Foundation (2017 recipient)
- “The Project Change Foundation helped us to grow our programs. The support we received was so valuable – not just the money but also the advisory support from their board. They were keen to meet, brainstorm ways to work more closely, and introduce us to their network when needed.”
– Anna Godefroy, Director, Binners’ Project (2018 recipient)
Apply for Support
Expressions of interest are welcome from early-stage charities in Canada with significant potential for creating social or environmental change. We are currently accepting expressions of interest for 2020. For consideration, organizations should submit an expression of interest no later than June 30, 2019. Please note, as a public foundation, we can only support Canadian registered charities, as per federal government legislation.
Support our Work
We invite you to support our work by making a donation to the Project Change Foundation. The Foundation is run by a volunteer board of directors, and is operated with very little overhead. This means your donation will be invested directly in the organizations we support. As well, when you make a donation, you will receive an official tax receipt that is accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency.